Monday, December 8, 2014

A Review of Logan's Room

Hey everyone, Dana here. Last week, I wrote a motivational blog post about job hunting and rejection letters I received upon learning of my rejection. Tonight, I've got something fun. Earlier this year, I reviewed Event Horizon's CD. However, this particular band doesn't have anything recorded just yet, but they will in the future. I'm reviewing a local hard rock band that hails from Long Beach, NY: Logan's Room!


From left to right: Matt Capitano, Jordan Klinger,
Michael Giordano, David Kaufman
The current lineup consists of Jordan Klinger as lead vocalist and rhythm guitar, Matt Capitano on lead guitar, David Kaufman on bass, and Michael Giordano on drums and backing vocals. Their influences include, but not limited to, Rage Against The Machine, Nirvana, Metallica, The Beatles, and Alice In Chains. I can hear a lot of their influences in the music they've created. When I'm watching them on stage, I feel like I'm back in the 80's and 90's again. 

Their songs range from kickass, rockin' songs that have me headbanging, to slow ballads that almost bring tears to my eyes. I love a band that can write a wide variety of songs. There's nothing more disappointing than listening to a band/album that have songs that sound like they're getting played on repeat five times in a row. Logan's Room is the antithesis of that. Their influences are so different, and I love hearing songs that pay homage to those artists. And their covers? Don't even get me started on their cover of "Killing In The Name Of" by Rage Against The Machine. It's incredible.

Speaking of incredible, they've been together for a whole six months, yet the chemistry and talent these four guys have leave me at a loss for words. I saw them at their first show on June 29th, 2014 at The Hub in Island Park, and saw them last night at The Emporium in Patchogue. I can't even begin to describe how much they've grown in the past six months. Oh wait, I can.

When I first saw them after my band, Bending Over Backwards, played our set, we stuck around to listen to the other bands who shared the stage with us. I was immediately drawn to Logan's Room, who played right after us. I noticed they were missing a bass player, but I didn't think anything of it because my band didn't have a proper drummer for our set; we were incomplete too. But when I talked to Matt the next day, he told me that was their debut performance. I was completely blown away. I was speechless. But then, I immediately thought this: If they're this good without a bass player, and never set foot on stage prior to last night, I can't even imagine how great they'll be years from now, let alone months from now! Here I am, nearly six months later, and they're a completely different band.

Logan's Room has opened up for artists such as Kellen Heller, Affiance, and most recently, Tantric. They are currently in the process of recording their debut album, LBNY. When it's released, I'm calling shots of getting the first copy that's sold! These guys have great potential to go far, and they have my 100% unconditional support.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my review of Logan's Room, and I hope all of you check them out on Facebook for more information on future shows, and their album release. I'll be writing again soon, my friends. Have a good night, and enjoy the rest of your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment