Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Brock Turner: Nothing but a RAPIST

Hey guys, Dana here. About a week ago, I wrote about the closing of Dowling College; a heartbreaking moment for current students and allumi who had beautiful memories while attending there. I hope for the best for them. 

In other news, I stumbled on something absolutely vile. Last night before going to bed, I saw a particular article/picture of a blond haired, blue eyed athlete named Brock Turner who supposedly raped an innocent woman, and only got sentenced to 6 months in jail with a father who defended his rapist of a son. I didn't really comprehend that at first. I truly was baffled and flabbergasted that a father would defend his son that raping an innocent woman was not wrongful, and the judge agreed with him. I didn't want to believe it, but now that it wasn't just a sick joke/idiotic Facebook meme...now it's my turn to give this scumbag a piece of my mind. Here he is, ladies and gents, Brock Turner. Keep an eye out for this disgusting excuse of a human being if you see him in the streets.
Rapist. I can't even look at this without gagging.
When I read something about rape, my blood boils. It is the most disgusting crime anyone can ever commit, and should never ever be taken as a joke or a prank. Whether the joke is about being raped, or spreading a rumor that someone is a rapist, it's disgusting and should never be something to laugh about. So when I saw this on Facebook at first, I thought it was just a meme. But when I saw several news articles citing who did it, where it happened, when it happened, who prevented it, and the actual arrest/sentence, it was a real crime. I'm appalled.

On January 18th, 2015(Wait, this happened over a year ago and NOW we're just being informed by this?) at Stanford University, Brock Turner was found on top of an unconcious woman who was partially clothed behind a dumpster. Thankfully, two men saw what was going on, caught him and had him arrested. Only a few hours ago, Turner was sentenced to only six months in county jail and probation since this was his first offense; mainly because of his high class background of being the top swimmer on the swim team from such a prestigious college.


Judge Aaron Persky, who should be fired.
I'm sorry, what did the judge say? How long is the sentence? Just six months? They gave a rapist SIX MONTHS? That's it? This PATHETIC excuse of a judge, Aaron Persky, felt that anything more than six months was "too harsh" for him? Tell me this is a joke. You're meaning to tell me that a rapist does time for six months and then is free again? A crime this heinous and vile gets only six months in prison? Several years spent in prison wasn't given to this son of a bitch because he never had a criminal background? This was his first offense, so he's given a lighter sentence? Pardon my French, but that is utter BULLSHIT. Oh, it's his first time every getting arrested, so it's just a slap on the wrist, right? Boys will be boys, so we shouldn't give a harsher punishment, right? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Whether the defendant is a serial rapist or a first offender, no sentence should ever be light. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out whether rape is wrong or not. For the upteenth time, NO MEANS NO. If someone says "no" to sexual intercourse, or more importantly, not even coherant to CONSENT to said sexual intercourse, that person STOPS. THE VICTIM IS NEVER AT FAULT. Whether the victim is female, male, trans, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, white, black, hispanic, asian, fat, skinny, sober or inebriated, no person should EVER have to defend themselves and be told "you asked for it." And there are survivors that live in fear every single second of the day. What can we do to prevent this? Instead of teaching people how to defend themselves against rapists, how about we teach our children that RAPE IS WRONG? Instead of telling your daughter not to wear something because people will cat call her or God forbid, force themselves on to her, teach those future rapists not to rape. If I see any form of sexual assault, I will not hesitate to kick the living daylights out of that rapist and have the rapist arrested. Why this even needs to be explained to anyone is beyond my imagination. This is common sense, people. It's pathetic that this needs to repeated over and over again.

What makes me even more angry is that there are people who have the audacity to defend Turner. First and foremost, the judge said, and I quote "a prison sentence would have a severe impact on him. I think he will not be a danger to others." A rapist will not be a danger to others? He destroyed a woman's self worth, and her entire world for violating her in the most inhumane way, and this "judge" thinks that a prison sentence would HURT HIM? He VIOLATED someone. This woman has to live the rest of her life in fear that someone will hurt her like that again. This woman will never be who she was prior to the attack. You can't give that back to her. No apology or prison sentence will give back what that woman once had before her attack. Think again before you even have the nerve to touch someone without their consent.


What makes my blood boil even more is that I've also seen comments that defend rapists like Brock Turner. Like this question that I've heard when a rape is brought into conversation:

"Well, what was she wearing?"


...What was she wearing? DOES THAT EVEN MATTER? SHOULD THAT EVEN MATTER? A woman's attire consitutes and condones rape? Whether the woman is wearing a dress, shorts, pants, a tank top, a long sleeved shirt, or even a god damn FLOOR LENGTH BALL GOWN, RAPE IS WRONG. "What was she wearing," do you have any idea how absurd that is to say to someone? Look at it this way. When a person says "well, she was dressed promiscously, she was asking for it" is like seeing a football player walking down the street in his uniform, and you just tackle him because "he was wearing football gear, he was asking for it." Sound logical?
 And then there's this. I saved this one for last. There's Brock's father who wrote the following, which makes me want to vomit. I seriously want to puke.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Stop right there. Guys, I think I'm on drugs because I just read the most asinine letter in my entire 25 years of existence on this planet. I had to read this a couple handful of times because I seriously did not think people like this really exist on this planet. I thought "people" like this only existed in fiction. I'm serious, everyone. My eyes must be deceiving me because despite the several re-reads of this, I must have read that wrong. Really, did I read that correctly? Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he just say that his son was not in the wrong? Did he seriosly have the BALLS to say that BROCK'S life has been deeply altered forever? He's insinuating that his rapist of a son is the victim in this crime? This event shattered HIM? The sentence is a steep price to pay for "20 minutes of action."(Tell me he did not really say that instead of rape. Tell me that I imagined that.) He calls rape "action," or "getting some?" Again, pardon my French...but is this man FUCKING HIGH ON HEROIN? This man thinks that this was an accident and his precious little boy wasn't at fault? So what are you saying, Dan? You're saying that your son's penis accidentally fell into a woman's vagina so he wasn't at fault? You've got some serious parenting issues, pal. If you think that your son is innocent and you condone rape, I'm frightened for you and every human being on earth. Especially for your family. Speaking of your family, I've got a question.. Riddle me this.What if the victim was your daughter? Would you still defend the rapist and say that any form of punishment is a "steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action?" Would you feel sympathy for the rapist? Incarceration is not appropriate for Brock, you say? You know something? You're right. Incarceration isn't appropriate because he should be castrated instead. How's that for a sentence? Without that, he won't be able to hurt anyone ever again. Give that as a fair warning to anyone who even has a half second to think about raping someone. Here's an idea for your precious little son, Danny boy. Instead of thinking with his dick, maybe he should have used his brain? Riddle me that. *drops mic and walks out*

1 comment:

  1. I think rape can be hilarious. Picture elmer fudd getting raped by porky pig. why do you think they call him porky? - George Carlin

    ReplyDelete